Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1st Day Of School


This year Kayden is in 1st grade. I can't believe he's that old! Last year we had a bit of struggle with school, Kayden had a hard time going and the first week he cried every day. Finally I bribed him with a reward if he could go to school for a few days without crying and that seemed to do the trick. This year was a different story, and honestly I had a harder time than him. I told him I would take him his 1st day and he told me that he didn't want me to take him, he wanted to ride the bus. I was proud of him for being so big but a little crushed that he didn't need me. So I compromised and met him at his class. When he got there, he said "See mom, I told you I could do it!". He had a great 1st day and was happy he got to ride the bus to and from school this year and eat lunch at school. He really loves his teacher this year and I think that helps. I'm so proud of my big boy!

2 comments:

julie said...

Oh my gosh, that almost made ME cry! What a brave, independant little guy!!! I can't believe how fast the boys are growing. It won't be long and we'll be going to his graduation.

suelyn w said...

He looks so big. I love that you met him at school, I wonder if he'll care when you do that in 8th grade!