Sunday, March 1, 2009

CHOCOLATE PANCAKES

I saw chocolate pancakes on channel 2 news the other morning. It is really hard for me to get Kayden to eat breakfast on school mornings, so I thought I would try this recipe-and of course I should not be surprised-the boys loved them. They ate 2 pancakes a piece. I usually have a hard time getting them to eat a 1/2 a pancake. Kayden asked if he could have them for breakfast before school tomorrow-hopefully he loves them as much as he did today. Personally I did not care for them-a little to rich for my tastes. Thought I would send along the recipe if anyone is interested. They taste like chocolate cake.





Chocolate Pancakes and Grandma's Syrup

1 1/2 C Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
6 Tbsp Sugar
6 Tbsp Baking Cocoa
1 1/4 C Warmed Milk
4 Tbsp Butter or Margarine, Melted
2 Eggs, Beaten

Mix and sift together dry ingredients. Add milk, butter, and eggs, Beat until smooth. Add extra milk if the batter is too thick. Cook as you do regular pancakes. Serve warm with Grandma's Syrup.


Grandma's Syrup

2 C Sugar
1 8-oz. Can Evaporated Milk
1 Tbsp Butter

Boil Sugar and milk, stirring constantly until all sugar is dissolved. Cook over high heat until mixture starts to boil. Do not leave unattended, as it comes to a boil quickly. Remove from heat and add butter. Let sit for 5 minutes, then stir and enjoy!

1 comment:

julie said...

I am definatly going to try this recipe. Halle hates breakfast unless its choco puffs...yuck. So I really think she will like this! Thanks for sharing the recipe. By the way...I am so glad to see you back on the blog and the internet....missed ya